I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Zechariah

Zechariah gets a series of visions that are a historical depiction of what Judah has gone through.

A few years later he lets the people know that they no longer need to mourn the fall of Jerusalem as they have been for the last 70 year. Then God says my new favorite thing "you're interested in religion, I'm interested in people"....LOVE IT. The people are given a message meant to rejuvenate them and refocus their purpose.

Chapter 9:9-10 tell of the coming of a king who will ride a donkey who will be the savior .

Later chapters tell that God will reconcile his people and rebuild them. Sins will be washed away, false prophets will be brutally exposed, day and night will be obliterated...perfect world. Those who stood against God's people will be killed by a flesh eating virus--sounds like a zombie apocalypse to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment