I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Joel

I'm not going to lie, I had to go to google for some info on what Joel was all about. I learned a lot and it really put things into context for me :)

Joel is calling for a lament--locusts have destroyed the land and left farmers desolate. There is no produce for church offerings and the animals have nothing to eat.

Joel then likens the locust apocalypse to God's army coming on the End of Days. On that day, there will be nothing left and the earth will be desolate. He cries out for the people to repent and to change their lives.

Afterward there is a promise of lands to be restored and food to be back on the tables. God's people will be granted with spiritual gifts and be made safe from oppressors. Those who stand against His people will fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment