I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ezekiel 1-8

Ezekiel is visited by God who gives him the charge to become a prophet. He is going to be sent among the Israelites and is warned of their wickedness. A point that God makes, that I love, is that Ezekiel is not being sent to a strange place among strange people. He is being sent to his own people and speaks their language. Ezekiel is being called to witness in his own stomping grounds. I am all about international missions, but I love that God makes a point that we are called to be witnesses in our own neighborhoods as well!

God uses Ezekiel to set up the destruction of Judah. He has him do a bunch of rituals that symbolize their fall (a lot of it is hard to understand...). God then shows him how wicked the people have been.

The book reads like Revelation..there is a lot of symbolism and I'm struggling getting through it... oh well, 8 chapters down, 40 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment