I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Jeremiah 1-3

Jeremiah is the son of Josiah's head priest. When he is very young, God comes to him and starts priming him. He puts the words in his mouth and then sends him out to talk sense into Israel. God is not happy with either Israel or Judah, but shows more favor with Israel. He wants to use Jeremiah to turn his people back to Him.

Jeremiah thinks he is too young and that people won't listen to him. God tells him that He will give him the words to say.

1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

6 “Alas, Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.”

7 But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you.

8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment