I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Isaiah 44-48

44:22 I have swept away your offenses like a cloud,
your sins like the morning mist.
Return to me,
for I have redeemed you.”

I get great happiness and strength knowing that God is the only God and that He alone has the power to save us. Chapter 44 talks a lot about the people who carve idols from wood or forge them from metal. How in the world can you worship a block of wood?? I know some people might think it's crazier to worship something you can't see, but that's what faith is all about. How easy would it be to pray to and worship a god that was sitting in front of you. How much scarier is it to let your prayers float into space and trust they go to the right place? God never designed our walk to be easy. He wants us to struggle to refine and strengthen us on the other end. He has redeemed us and therefore wants the very best for us and from us.

46:8 “Remember this, keep it in mind,
take it to heart, you rebels.
9 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
10 I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.’

No comments:

Post a Comment