I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day who knows: Isaiah 31-34

As you may have noticed I have completely lost track of days, but I have been reading. I recently went to Mexico to live and play with orphans for a week and was able to play a little catch-up. While I'm sorry I can't share my wisdom on here, I want it to be known that I have been reading!!

This was a very gory and intense reading. It started out charging the nation to not rely on their own strength and ended with a foreshadowing of the end times. The opening is such a good reminder to not rely on men or ourselves for victory. Our "heroes" are only men and will ultimately fail us. Only God will stand the test of time and never leave or fail. The rest is a promise of God's unfaltering love for His people as well as an assurance that He will take care of us in hard times. I know sometimes that it can feel like we are left all alone, but it reminds me of that footprints in the sand story that even when we felt alone, God was really carrying us through.

Over all, I am feeling greatly encouraged today. I started a new Bible study, and having read today's passage I am feeling more and more rejuvenated in my faith. It takes times like this to remind me of why I am here and what I am toiling for!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Welcome back, and I am so glad you are part of the Biblestudy. It is such a great feeling when God rejuvenates us. And I love the image of God carrying us through times when we feel alone. Though we may not realize He was doing that at the time, we can look back and see how visible He is.

    ReplyDelete