I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 160: 2 Chronicles 6-7; Psalm 136

Solomon's requests are heard and answered. God's presence fills the Temple and He consumes the offering that was made (over 100,000 sheep and cattle!!!). God also tells them that He is pleased with the Temple and that he will answer the prayers of His people when they pray and offer sacrifices there.

7:15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. 16 I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.

The Psalm closes with a hymn of praise as God's many accolades are laid out, with each sentence ending with "His love endures forever...".

23 to the One who remembered us in our low estate
His love endures forever.

24 and freed us from our enemies,
His love endures forever.

25 and who gives food to every creature.
His love endures forever.

26 Give thanks to the God of heaven.
His love endures forever.


Amen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment