I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 155: Proverbs 19-21

The whole book really is just choc-full of little one-liners to live your life by. It's so hard to summarize an entire reading, but I am enjoying what God is having stand out to me...

A verse that immediately stuck out to me was that we should not be zealous without knowledge. I cannot count how many times I have seen someone (myself included) get excited about something they really don't know anything about. It's easy to get caught up in "mob rule" or take someone else's opinion as fact, but how can we really get pumped about something that we don't know much about??

It also talks about how so often the rich and powerful are inundated with people trying to be their "friends" and the poor and powerless are left alone. But we are charged to love everyone, befriend the homeless and the rulers. You never know what life you could touch or what seed you could plant. This is always easier said than done, but definitely a goal to reach for!

No comments:

Post a Comment