I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 152: Proverbs 4-12

I missed my reading over the weekend so I am going to combine a few days into one...

We are taught to hold wisdom in the highest esteem. To value it and seek it at all time. This means keeping your eyes on the prize and not stepping to the left or right. We should love wisdom over earthly treasures; chances are we will be rewarded much greater, whether in this life for in Heaven.

We are to rejoice in our husbands and wives and not give into adultery. It goes into great detail about the treacherous and destructive nature of affairs...scary stuff. How can you play with fire and not get burned?? "9:27 Her house is a highway to the grave, leading down to the chambers of death." I know I am young, but I have seen friends and family members fall into this snare and it is a tough pit to dig out of... I pray that Travis and I never experience it.

Laziness is also warned against. We are told to watch how the ants work--they have no leader, but stay busy and work feverishly all the time. I have witnessed this personally as my office has an intense ant problem that I seem to be constantly battling. Trust me, those little buggers don't give up!

Ultimately, wisdom is the key to better understanding God and to keeping our lives in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment