I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 149: Psalms 119:89-176

With a human brain, it's quite easy to think of God as we think of ourselves-finite and fallible. What's so great about God is that he is infinite, everlasting, and "practically perfect in every way". Sorry, I've been thinking about musicals a lot and Mary Poppins "popped" into my head :) If we view God in this light, how can we not turn right around and give him the honor and praise he deserves? He does not want us to give to him out of obligation or guilt, but out of joy and desire.

108 Accept, O LORD, the willing praise of my mouth...

Keyword here: willing. This entire Psalm screams of his willingness and desire to follow and praise God. There is no feeling of forced wills or hesitation. The author is excited and eager to follow what God has laid before him. If only I was that eager...

No comments:

Post a Comment