I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 147: Psalms 119:1-88

The author of this Psalm longs to have a deeper, fuller relationship and understanding of God and everything that He is. Something that really convicted me is the following verses:

36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.

37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word.

Lately I have found myself being consumed with myself and my issues. Every now and then I will be made aware of this and be consumed with guilt and shame. I've even done this to my own husband! On the day he was finished with 2 of the last finals he ever took in his college career, I was completely wrapped up in my own stresses and problems and completely forgot what a big deal that day was for him.

Another was:

59 I have considered my ways
and have turned my steps to your statutes.

60 I will hasten and not delay
to obey your commands.

I may eventually make the move towards obeying what God has laid before me, but I don't always "hasten" to obey. Obedience is not something that comes easy for me and definitely something I could work on! I know that even now God is testing my patience and obedience towards Him and I struggle everyday with this. Sometimes I am stubborn and restless, but He always gets me one way or the other ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment