I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 143: Psalms 131, 138, 139, 143-145

David shouts praises after the temple is built. I think he hopes that others will see the value of the temple and want to worship as much as he feels led to. I love this part of chapter 138:8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Psalm 139 is a pretty famous Psalm...talks about how God formed us from the inside out and knows every little detail about us. We cannot escape Him because He knows everything about us. We are fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

In response to this, David also says in chapter 145:

8 The LORD is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.

9 The LORD is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made.

David loves God... truly and deeply. He longs to deepen his relationship with Him and longs for other to feel the same need for God. Being a leader is never an easy thing, but David seems to constantly be examining his own heart in order to stay faithful and lead with justice and mercy...hands down my favorite king so far. Yes, better than Moses, better than Noah... Something about David speaks to my human heart and helps me realize that even strong men fall and stumble, but David's heart was in the right place and he never lost sight for too long. Something just about anyone can relate to!

No comments:

Post a Comment