I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 142: 1 Chronicles 23-25

I am so relieved that Chronicles turned out to be so much more than genealogy...

David makes his son Solomon king and proclaims that it is no longer necessary for the Levites to be in charge of the Tabernacle--God has settled in Jerusalem. They were, however, given duties in the new temple. The priests were chosen and divided up. Musicians and singers were appointed to lead worship...

What an exiting time! I am currently attending a relatively new church plant, so I have somewhat experienced the joys of being in a "baby" church. The people are finally settling and have established an amazing place of worship. Leaders have been chosen and everything is falling into place. Everyone is given a role to play--there are not big or small parts, they are all getting to serve and worship God!

No comments:

Post a Comment