I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 141: Psalms 108-110

David gives us yet another inspiring Psalm about his steadfast faithfulness and assurance in God. Bottom line--if God is on your side, why should you worry about anything else?

Tonight I am babysitting for 3 amazing kids. Ages range from 2-7, but the kids are fantastic. Last time I sat for them, I learned that the middle child (age 5) was in recovery from having a severe brain tumor and she even showed me the scar. Her and her older brother talked openly about the whole experience and it absolutely touched my heart. The faith that has been instilled in this family is amazing. They all work together as a team and its obvious that they understand how truly blessed each one of them is. I am so excited to sit for them again.. to engage in intelligent conversation with a 5 year old who recently had brain surgery just blows my mind... our God is an awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment