I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 137: Psalms 5, 38, 41, 42

Knowing all of David's background definitely helps give meaning to the words of the Psalms. Since a lot of them were written by David, it makes sense that they are full of anguish and torment. The man has been through hell and back and still keeps his eyes on the Lord. He knows that no matter what enemy he faces, no matter who turns against him--God is always there.

Psalm 42: 11 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment