I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 131: Psalms 32, 51, 86, 122

How many of us truly find our identities in Christ. In the Psalms, David is all about hiding himself and truly resting in Christ... when was the last time I did that? My husband and I have been so stressed lately, getting him through school and job searching. We pray together at night and talk about the options, but I know neither of us are 100% resting in God's plan for our lives. Sure we don't have enemies assailing us, or people seeking to kill us, but we do find Satan trying to creep in any way he can. 7 You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.

I also came across a verse about original sin; the idea that we are born sinful and not a "tabula rasa". 5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me
If you look at life in this light, there is truly nothing you can do to save yourself. If you came into this world dirty and rotten, how are you supposed to turn that around? YOU CAN'T! But God can :) The verse also goes on to not only ask God for cleansing and renewing, but after one has received this, he should in turn go out and tell others. What good is being transformed if you don't do something with it? As Christians, it is important for us to be constantly outpouring what we receive from God onto others!

Another thing David asks for is an "undivided heart". This means only having one true love and not letting your desires stray from God. A truly powerful image of what every Christian should desire in his or her walk.

This week, I pray that I will truly rest in God's plan for my life and my future and not fill my heart with desires that might take me away from Him. A undivided heart... love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment