I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 129: Psalms 65-67, 69-70

I've found my first proponent of predestination:
Psalm 65 :4 Blessed are those you choose
and bring near to live in your courts!
We are filled with the good things of your house,
of your holy temple.

Blessed are those YOU choose. I am a "predestinist" by denomination (PCA), but I have my reservations. There is the ever-present question: If we have free will, why would God choose some and not others? Does that not nullify our right to choose? I've struggled with this and can never come to a conclusion that satisfies me. Regardless of whether or not He chooses to begin with, it is still beneficial for me to show His love and kindness to make others wonder why. Since no one has the answer but Him, I like to assume that anyone can be chosen, its not my job to save them, just my job to plant the seed. If God wants them, He will get them. It is ultimately He who can save, but it never hurts to spread some goodness around when you get the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment