I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 127: Psalms 50, 53, 60, 75

We begin with a very powerful Psalm. I get the image of God coming down in fire preparing to judge the earth. He explains that He does not need our sacrifices. Why would he need a bull when all the animals of the earth are His? Our offerings are meant to be thanksgiving in return for all His mercies.

God does not want the offerings of the unbeliever. He despises those who pretend to follow His word; He knows their heart.

Some Psalms start out with "to the tune of..." As in you are supposed to sing the following Psalm to the tune of song obsolete song.. I wish I knew the songs they are talking about.. maybe it would be more fun to sing them than to read them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment