I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 125: Psalms 25, 29, 33, 36, 39

Have you ever thought about letting yourself be a student of God? "4 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; 5 guide me in your truth and teach me..."One of my favorite verses here is about begging God to not remember the sins of my youth... I made so many mistakes when I was younger. Some mistakes I'm still making now, but some I wish to never think of again. This was one of my favorite verses when I became a student of God and let Him transform my life.

Ultimately, we cannot save ourselves from anything. Only God can lift us up from troubles, enemies, even death. His love is deep and wide (like the childrens song :) and knows no boundaries. Once we stop thinking with our human constrictions, we can begin to understand His depths more fully. If that doesn't overwhelm you when you let it sink in, there must be something wrong with you.

1 comment:

  1. It is very interesting...my blog from yesterday relates to yours. It is difficult to not be distraught with the sins of the past. Focusing on God's love, being consumed with it...what lies ahead, not the broken road we've left behind.
    I love you and hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete