I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 123: Psalms 89, 96, 100-101, 105, 132

I wonder if I will ever feel a passion and desire for God as the writers of the Psalms. I don't "sing" of God's love daily nor am I very good and even incorporating Him into everyday conversations. I'd like to say it was easier for them back then without all the distractions and such of modern day, but I'm sure in their time, it was just as hard.

Psalm 101 is a convicting one. The author is promising to not sin even in his heart, to not put anything vile before him, to keep evil men far away from this counsel. Obviously, no one can keep something like this perfectly, but can you imagine how much your heart would change if you really tried? Something I read the other day in a magazine really convicted me, and it wasn't even a faith-based magazine. It said that if you change the way you look at others, you will feel better. Instead of looking at someone and saying "that bathing suit is trashy", consciously think "that bathing suit is red". Over time, it is supposed to help you change the way you look at others. I know they were probably not going for God thing, but can you imagine what change would happen in your heart if you made a conscious effort to not judge others in your heart and see them how God sees them? Definitely something I need to work on!!! God may judge them, but it is not my place to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment