I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 120: Psalms 106-107

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good". These are the lyrics to a song we sing at my church all the time and I just learned where it came from! It's so nice having this put into context and such :)

The sins of the Israelites are called out again and I came across a phrasing that I LOVE. "20 They exchanged their Glory for an image of a bull...". I often forget that God is creating an amazing glory inside of me for my future in Heaven. When the Israelites turned against God, it's described as exchanging their glory. It's a perfect description of what is going on! In God's great love and compassion, he delivered the Israelites just as He's looking out for me. He quiets the storms in our hearts and brings us rest. It behooves me to return just a portion of the love and respect that He has bestowed upon me.

43 Whoever is wise, let him heed these things
and consider the great love of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment