I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 117: 1 Chronicles 6; Psalms 81, 88, 92-93

Happy Independence Day America!!!

More genealogy, I wish I would claim independence from the Book of Chronicles... I decided to merge today's reading with what is supposed to be tomorrow's reading to spice things up a bit. Since there really isn't anything to talk about from Chronicles, I will move right into Psalms.

These readings are riddled with despair as the writer is wondering why God is hiding His face. I'm sure we have all felt like that at some point--why has He abandoned me?? But then the writer remembers the good times and that God never leaves. He has seen his enemies destroyed and realized that his trials really aren't that bad. What's great about the Psalms is the absolute love and passion that is felt from the words. The writers truly and deeply are IN LOVE with the Lord. Well, either in love or in despair... but still. Their words are beautiful and moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment