I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 113: 1 Chronicles 1-2

I think I may have confused Chronicles with Numbers. I totally thought that Numbers was the genealogy portion of the Bible but was terribly wrong... oh how I'm learning! Looks like I'm in for a tedious couple of weeks!

Apart from giving me amazing name idea for my future children:
  • Arphaxad
  • Hazarmaveth
  • Ishbak
  • Mizzah
  • Dishon
This reading was really hard to get through. 95% of the names are impossible to pronounce and its so hard to keep the lines straight. I understand the importance for keeping these records, but it doesn't make for good reading. It was cool to see how much the earth expanded over time though.. all starting with 2!

One thing I did notice is that daughters are not mentioned, only sons. If someone did not have any sons before they died, either nothing was mentioned about them, or it said that they didn't have any sons. I realize that at the time, women were only identified by a male counterpart--father or husband, but could they not have at least been acknowledged?

No comments:

Post a Comment