I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 112: Psalms 6, 8-10, 14, 16, 19, 21

Lotsa Psalms today! The same theme is continuing--David praising God and asking Him for mercy.

In Psalms 8:
4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
5You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.

he points out that God has made man just below Himself and considers him in all things--what an amazing idea that the Lord of the Heavens even considers us!
__________________________________________________
Another portion that really stood out to me was in chapter 16:
5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.

He's talking about his surety in where he stands with God. There is no question that he stands firm and that he will be given what is promised--because God is stable and constant. A refreshing idea in these rocky times.
__________________________________________________
Another in chapter 19:
14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

I've sung songs about this Psalm but never really thought about it. Are my thoughts and words REALLY pleasing to God? Most likely not... I love that the word "meditations" is used. It implies that these are what my heart and soul really dwell on...what do you meditate on? I know that my heart wanders astray more often then it stays focused on what is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment