I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 110: Psalm 121, 123-125, 128-130

These are uplifting Psalms about God delivering those who earnestly trust and seek Him. These verses are about waiting patiently for the Lord with prayer and petition for deliverance. Those who turn away from God will be punished and cut off, and those who attend to God will be uplifted. I love thinking of God as a refuge and a stronghold, but it's important to not let that be all He is to you. He doesn't just want you when you are scared and broken, He wants you when you are happy! He wants to weep with you, laugh with you, mourn with you, celebrate with you... take heart, we have an amazing God!

121:

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

130:

5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of Bebo Norman's song, "I will lift my eyes." Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete