I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 105: Psalms 7, 27, 31, 34 & 52

These passages are all from this time of oppression written from David's perspective. He is totally confused why Saul hates him so much and is hunting him down. He asks God for help, to sustain him, and to deliver him from his enemies. He even asks for justice...if he has done something that he is unaware of, then it is right that these men are pursuing him.

The passages are rich with quotes so I wanted to share some with you:

27:4--One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

27:10--Though my father and mother forsake me,
the LORD will receive me. (this was a favorite of the street boys in Peru. Their parents had left them for dead on the streets, but they know that God will never leave them... take heart!)

34:18-19--The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

A righteous man may have many troubles,
but the LORD delivers him from them all

Overall, David's heart and strength is an amazing testimony. He is being cursed and his life hangs in the balance, but he still blesses the name of God and seeks Him for wisdom and strength. I know that David later fails (as all humans eventually do) but I am really liking this first impression of him... amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment