I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day sixty-six: Numbers 28-30

God lays out the law for sacrifices again. He literally goes on for 2 entire chapters about sacrificing goats, rams, bulls, wheat, bread, etc. What I can't help but wonder--where are all these animals coming from?! I understand there are hundreds of thousands of people and they all have cattle, but we are talking about sacrificing several animals A DAY…how does that not completely wipe out the entire animal and plant population? They must be breeding those bad boys like crazy!

Chapter 30 talks about making vows before the Lord. No matter what, a man can make a vow and its good to go. If a woman is still living at home and makes a vow to God, at that moment her dad can either do nothing, or deny it. If he denies it--her vow is null and void. Same thing goes for a married woman, a husband can nullify any vow she makes to God and nothing she vows after that is legit. What kind of bogusness is that?? I would hope that a husband would encourage his wife to make vows and covenants with God, not cut them off. What is reassuring is that even is her vow becomes null, God forgives her and still shows her favor. Kind of like "hey good try little one, but I still love you anyways…". I am so thankful that the times are different now and that I have a husband and loves and encourages my walk with the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment