I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Day sixty-eight: Numbers 33-34

Chapter 33 is very helpful for those who are a fan of Cliff's Notes. It is a complete summary of Israel's journey so far. Very helpful to see where all they moved around. I won't comment on this since its pretty self-explanatory… just go read it for yourself!

Chapter 34 explains how Canaan will be apportioned once they arrive. A representative from each tribe is appointed to split up the land for their people, keeping in mind that Reuben and Gad gave up their inheritance in Canaan to camp out with their cattle just outside the land. I can only hope that this was a smooth process. It never really comments on the logistics or what was said during the apportioning, but I would hope they would talk it out like adults!

And that, ladies and gents it all the reading up until I return from Florida… feeling so accomplished right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment