I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Day seventy-three: Deuteronomy 8-10

Moses continues his message of revering and following God's word to ensure prosperity in the land. To not think that they have what they have because of their own righteousness, but because of God's mercy and provision.

Moses reminds him of the numerous times he interceded for them from God's wrath and that they have been rebels since the day he met them. I am again reminded of my own sin whenever I read this and become frustrated with Israel. How many times have I turned my face from God and had Jesus intercede for me. How then can I get angry at Israel for their indiscretions? Arg... conviction sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment