I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Day fifty-nine: Numbers 13

So, the list I printed out had me reading Numbers 8-12 and then Numbers 11-13 the next day.. I think they were a bit confused so today I am just reading chapter 13!

God has Moses pick 12 men to go and explore Canaan. They are to report on the soil, living conditions, people, building structures... everything they can find. After 40 days they return with yummy fruit and tell the people that Canaan truly does flow with milk and honey... BUT the people are big and powerful. The people get a sour taste in their mouth when they think that the land is corruptive and it would be impossible to overthrow the current people of the land.

This is a prime example of how Satan works to challenge God's amazing plans. From the beginning, God has told the Israelites and continues to reassure them that they will enter Canaan and be blessed beyond comparison. But Satan just keeps finding ways to make them question this and doubt God. Satan is a sneaky, sneaky jerkface!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment