I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day eighty-seven: Joshua 19-21

What I did just realize/remember is that parts of the allotments were doled out, and then the tribes were supposed to decide amongst themselves and take the land themselves. Earlier, they had done all this as a group and conquered the lands together, but now they are breaking off and becoming their own little people (and by little I mean thousands :)) I realized this when it is mentioned that the tribe of Dan had a little trouble getting their land, but eventually put everyone to the sword and moved on in. I am not sure why the remaining lands were delegated out instead of taken as a team like before...

6 Cities of Refuge were established as was asked of them. As a reminder, these were places for people who committed accidental murder could flee for safety from possible avengers before trial.

The Levites are donated a few plots of pastureland from the other tribes and everyone is finally able to rest. Joshua 21:45 pretty much sums it all up! Go God :)

45 Not one of all the LORD's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment