I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day forty-two: Exodus 36-38

The people bring their offerings for the creation of the Tabernacle. There is a charming moment where they realize that they have more than what they need and actually have to ask people to stop donating. Could you imagine if this happened in local churches?! All in all they gathered over 3 tons of silver, over 1 ton of gold and over 2 tons of bronze. This doesn't even include the linens/fabrics, animal hides and jewels. Wow.

The craftsmen make all of the things that the Lord instructed them to. Everything is covered in gold and encrusted with gems and covered in fine fabrics. I wish I could have seen all of those beautiful things... must have been truly breathtaking! I love that the Israelites are able to come together and do something fulfilling and productive. It's nice to see them on track for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment