I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day fifty-seven: Numbers 7

This chapter was not so much my favorite. More of an informative chapter about the establishment of the Tabernacle. Everyone does their job and its all set up. Then for 12 days, each leader brings an offering (silver, gold, animals, etc.) We are left with Moses walking into the Tent of Meeting and beginning a communion with God...

I wish that I had more to talk about in regards to the reading today, but it is a passage with not a lot of meat. In lieu of this, I will share a few prayer requests so that you may share in my trials.

For those of you who don't know, my husband Travis is graduating from Georgia Tech in August for Chemical Engineering. The past few months have been spent feverishly looking for a job after he graduates. The responses have been less than satisfactory and I know that it is wearing on both of us. We have a Plan B (move closer to Gainesville while he works some for his father) but hope that we won't have to move forward on an interim plan. Please pray for guidance and patience as we move through the next 3 months with uncertainty.

I am also asking for prayer for my great-aunt (grandmother's sister) in Tampa. She recently suffered from 2 strokes and has been moved to hospice. The family has all said their goodbyes and she has begun her journey with the Lord. I know she is anxious to see her God face to face and be reunited with her husband who passed several years ago. Pray for rest and comfort for the whole family during this time of waiting. And also for those who will travel from out of state to attend the memorial and funeral services.

On a happier note, my bff and maid-of-honor is coming into town this weekend for a visit. I haven't seen her since her wedding in March and am STOKED to spend some time with her. Pray for safe travels from DC and a blessed time of fellowship!

All in all, our God is good and is in control. I pray that He will allow me to give up the reigns and let him lead Travis and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment