I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Day fifty-one: Leviticus 22-23

God reiterates the rules for priests and concludes every statement with "I am the Lord". I haven't been able to find out exactly the importance of this, but God says it over and over again. I'm assuming its just His way of making sure everyone knows whats up.

Another thing that is reiterated is the notion of offering your first-fruits as an offering. I know in modern day we tithe as a means of accomplishing this, but do we ever give God our first and best? Just something to think about...

The Lord then has Moses announce His sacred feasts. Basically it is certain days a year that are set aside to offer sacrifice and praise to God. My personal favorite is the Feast of Tabernacles. Its basically 7 days where no one works and you eat choice fruits and foods and just praise God. I wonder if my office would go for this...? Probably not, but hey its a nice idea anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment