I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In the beginning...

It recently came to my attention that I have never read the Bible from cover to cover. As a Christian I feel very convicted about this and have come up with a simple, motivating remedy. I will read daily and blog about what I gleaned from my reading. I am a fan of the streamlined, chronological approach to reading the Bible and have printed off a schedule for the next 365 days. I hope you will learn just as much as I know I will over the next year, and hopefully this blog will help to keep me motivated!

I chose 2cor416.blogspot.org (2 Corinthians 4:16) as my page link because I find the verse profoundly beautiful: "Therefore we do not lost heart, but though the outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day." This is what I hope to accomplish through this journey; that I will decay and shed away the parts of me that are not glorifying to God or edifying to others and renew my spirit in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment