I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day fourteen: Job 38-39

Ladies and gentlemen, the moment we have all been waiting for... God answers Job.

God opens by basically saying "who the heck is speaking when they have no idea what they are talking about? Man up and I'll give you an answer.." God responds for these entire 2 chapters asking Job where he was when the world was created, who controls the oceans and the skies, who causes crops to grow, who provided animals for his use and enjoyment and who has infinite knowledge of the universe. Job has yet to say anything back, but I can only imagine that he is feeling like a 3 year old that got caught breaking into the cookie jar before dinner--red handed.

God's response reminds me of when Adam and Eve were thrown out of the Garden of Eden... they were brought down a notch real quick and so was Job.

I remember when I was little my parents kept my "fanking stick" (I was too young to put a "s" and "p" together) on top of the fridge. Once I learned its location, I would immediately climb on the chair to retrieve it if I did something I knew would warrant a spanking. Of course my parents would always figure out where I hid it and I would be punished twice as bad. Parents don't like to have their authority challenged, and neither does God. I would take a spanking any day over being chewed out by the Almighty!!

1 comment: