I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day eleven: Job 29-31

Job is starting to go a little too far. He never curses God, but really gets whiny in these verses and questions what God is doing. "Have I not done everything right? I haven't cheated, stolen from my neighbor, etc because these are sins that are worth judging". He begs God to answer him so that he can get this all straight. Its interesting to note that God has not said a word or given him and sign up to this point. I feel like Job sometimes feeling like I am being punished and not getting a response. Sometimes, God wants us to work it out the hard way before we can see the true glory of His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment