I'm on a journey to read through the Bible in chronological order. Taking it one day at a time, I will read based on a list I found on the internet and blog about what happened, thoughts provoked, emotions conjured, etc. Enjoy!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Day eight: Job 17-20

This past week and weekend were crazy busy getting ready for and participating on my best friend's wedding... I kind of fell behind but am starting back today (5 days is too much to catch up on right now!).

The back and forth dialogues between Job and his friends continue. I am starting to get a little confused about where all this is going. Job's friends are still by his side (although rebuking him, they are still there!) but Job laments that all his friends have turned their back on him. I can't decide if his friends are really being mean, or Job is just so in despair he can't see anything good. They just go back and forth both presenting good and bad arguments for their case, but they need a mediator! I'm hoping the next few passages help to put all of this in context...

1 comment:

  1. Best verse in mid Job 19:25-27a "I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God, I myself will see him with my own eyes - I, and not another."

    ReplyDelete